This DICOM Conference is considered a ‘private conference’. The appropriate visa type is a ‘Business Visa’. In order to receive a business visa, one must include an invitation letter from an Indian company or organization. [The ‘Conference Visa’ is another visa category, which appears, at first sight, to be appropriate; however, it applies only to conferences organized or endorsed by the Government of India (see http://indiavisas.abriggs.com/visas/i/india_visa.php)
DICOM’s sponsors will send such an invitation letter to conference attendees that need it.
Step 1: Register for the conference through this web site.
Step 2: Complete the below form letter with the personal information specified therein and send it to email@example.com
Step. 3: After a few days you will receive an invitation letter by e-mail, addressed to you; this can be attached to your visa application.
Should you not receive a visa, your Conference registration will be refunded.
DICOM Conference attendee applicant to fill in personal specific information in brackets!
[Name and Address of the Indian Embassy, Consulate , or other office to which the applicant is applying for issuance of visa.]
We hereby kindly ask you to issue a short duration (at least 14 days, single entry) business visa for Mr/Ms/Mrs [….name……], citizen of […..country of nationality…..], bearer of passport number […number….], issued by [….authority…] on [….date of issue…], expiring on [….date of expiry….].
Mr/Ms/Mrs [….name…..] is employed by […..organization or company….] in […city…] since [….date of employment month and year….] as [….job title of the applicatant….]. The applicant will arrive in Bangalore, Karnataka, India on [….date of entry…] and will require visa for at least 14 days with at least one entry.
During this stay in India, the applicant will attend contacts with (name of inviting company will be filled in) and will attend the DICOM International Conference and Seminar supported by (will be filled in)
The listing of information sources and links below are offered for convenient reference only. No recommendation or endorsement is to be implied.
India Visa Requirements (USA)
India Visa Requirements (Canada)
India Visa Requirements (UK)
Obtain a Visa for India in the United States:
- “Travisa Outsourcing handles all the India visa requests from inside the United States as a private contractor to the Indian Embassy and Consulates. “We have revolutionized the way people get their visas,” said Jan Dvorak, President of Travisa Outsourcing.
Our online process along with the Indian Visa Application ensures a streamlined experience with fewer mistakes. In addition, real time passport tracking provides confidence that your passport is handled safely and efficiently. If applying by mail, we will keep you notified by email as your visa is processed.”
Source: https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/homepage (accessed 2012-11-20)
- A web search will identify many other sources of information, e.g.
Obtain a Visa for India in the United Kingdom:
Obtain a Visa for India from other countries:
Visa for India: excerpted for convenience from : http://www.travisa.com/India/india-visaguide.html (accessed on 2012-11-20.)
Important Instructions for Indian Visa Application Form
- The best web browser to use for the Indian Visa Application is Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8.0) and above.
- If you face any issue related to security certificate with other browsers, you can INSTALL SECURITY CERTIFICATE by clicking the link on the Indian visa application form.
- This application form is created and maintained by the Indian Government. Travisa is not able to access, retrieve, or edit any information submitted on this form, or to provide technical support for this form.
- It is extremely important that you choose the correct Indian Mission (Consulate) where you will apply. You are required to select the Embassy or Consulate that is assigned to process visas for the State or Provence where you reside. Please be sure to review Travisa’s Indian Consulate jurisdiction list at the bottom of our visa instruction page or complete Travisa’s Global Reservation Form before you fill out the application to direct you to the correct Indian Mission.
- Indian Missions in the US are listed alphabetically under USA; (USA – Chicago).
Temporary Application ID
- At the top of the online India Visa Application you will see a Temporary Application ID. Be sure to record and save the Application ID. If you exit the form without clicking “save and continue”, or if you do not keep the Application ID, your information will be lost. To return to an application already started, or to reprint an application that is completed, you can enter the Temporary Application ID at the top of the online Indian Visa Application Form.
Indian Visas are issued for 6 months, 1 year (12 months), 5 years (60 months) or 10 years (120 months) depending on the type of visa and the fee paid. The Indian Visa Application form asks for the Duration of Visa (in Months). If the number of months is not equal to 6, 12, 60 or 120 months, and is not equal to the validity option available for the type of visa, the Indian Consulate will adjust the time up or down to the nearest validity option.
The applicant will be responsible to pay the fee for the visa validity determined by the Indian Consulate. We recommend completing the Global Reservation Form first, and making sure that the same number of months is selected on both forms.
Verify and Submit
- After you have answered all of the questions, the final page will allow you to verify the details entered on the visa application form. Please review every question and answer on this page. If any corrections are needed, it will be possible to make changes on this page. However, once you hit continue it will NOT be possible to edit the form in any way. If a correction is needed after this point, it will be necessary to fill out a whole new application form.
Print and Sign
- After you have printed the visa application, be sure to sign on both pages. There is a space for the applicant signature underneath the photo on the first page, and a signature near the bottom of the second page. Applications must be signed in both places.
How to fill out the Indian Visa Application Form:
Surname: Surname is the same as Family Name or Last Name. (The spelling must be exactly the same as the last name in the applicant’s passport)
Given Name: On the Indian Visa application Form, Given Name is the same as First Name and Middle Name; please type in the First Name and any Middle Name(s) here. (The name must be exactly as it is in the applicant’s passport)
For example, if John Edward Smith is the traveler:
Given Name: John Edward
Have you ever changed your name? If the applicant’s name is different from when they were born, click the “yes” box and enter the Surname/Last Name and Given Name/First and Middle Name(s) that were previously used.
Country of birth: Select the country where the applicant was born. This must match the information on the passport.
Citizenship/National Id No.: If you do not have an additional National ID issued type NA
Religion: Select the religion of the applicant. If the applicant’s religion is not listed, select “OTHERS” and type in the religious information in the field directly below the pull down menu.
Visible identification marks: If the applicant has a visible identification mark (such as birthmark or tattoo) please type in the information here. Otherwise, type “NONE”.
Educational Qualification: Select the level of education of the applicant:
- BELOW MATRICULATION – less than 10th grade education
- GRADUATE – College or university education
- HIGHER SECONDARY – High school education
- ILLITERATE – Not formally educated
- MATRICULATION – 10th grade level education
- POST GRADUATE – advanced study beyond college or university (MA, PhD, etc.)
- PROFESSIONAL – professional /technical training or certification
Did you acquire citizenship by birth or by naturalization?
- By Birth – choose this if the applicant has held their current citizenship since they were born.
- Naturalization – choose this if the applicant became a citizen through naturalization.
Previous Nationality: If the applicant became a citizen by naturalization, please select their previous nationality.
Passport Details Section
Passport details can be found on the information/photo pages of the applicant’s passport. All information entered on the application must be exactly as it appears on the passport.
Place of Issue: Enter the place of issue that is on the applicant’s passport. For US citizens, this may say “US Department of State”
Date of Expiry: This is the date the passport will expire. Be sure to enter the information in DD/MM/YYYY format on the Indian Visa Application Form.
- The Indian government requires that a passport must be valid for at least six months in order to process the application.
- Travisa recommends that the passport should be valid for at least six months beyond the date of departure from India. If the passport will expire within one year, Travisa can assist with renewing a US or British passport).
Pakistani Passport Holders will also be asked to provide: Booklet No., Tracking No., Previous Passport No. (This does not apply to any other applicants).
Any other valid Passport/Identity Certificate(IC) held:
- If the applicant holds a US greencard or Permanent Resident Card for any country, select “Yes” and provide details.
When all of the required fields on page 1 are complete, select “Save and Continue” or “Save and Exit”. Be sure that you have written down the Application ID number.
Applicant’s Address Details
Note: the present (current) address is extremely important. The address must be within the jurisdiction of the Indian Mission (Indian Embassy or Consulate) where the application will be processed. If you are not sure that you selected the correct Indian Mission, please review the jurisdiction information on Travisa’s Indian Visa Instructions or complete Travisa’s Global Reservation Form, which will direct you to the city where you will be required to apply.
- Important: the applicant will need to provide proof that this is the current residential address. Proof includes a photocopy of state issued ID (Driver License or ID), major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) or a copy of a valid/current lease. The address on these documents must be entered as the present address.
- The present address on the visa application form must match the applicant’s proof of residence. A maximum of 35 letters will fit in this space.
- If the Permanent Address is the same as what is entered for Present Address, click the box.
- If the Permanent Address is different, type in the permanent address including postal/zip code. Reminder: if the Present Address (where the applicant currently lives) and the Permanent Address are different, the Present Address must be the one that matches the proof of residence documents.
Family Details Section
It is required to provide the applicant’s father/mother/spouse’s information, (if applicable).
All information relating to father, mother must be completed even if they are deceased. Information regarding father, mother, and spouse must be complete.
Were your Grandfather/ Grandmother (paternal/maternal) Pakistan Nationals or Belong to Pakistan held area? If the answer is yes for any of the applicant’s grandparent’s, enter the details. The answer is defaulted to yes. If the answer to this question is no, be sure to select NO.
Profession / Occupation Details of Applicant
- Select the occupation that best matches your current job.
- If the applicant is a Housewife, Student or Minor, enter the spouse’s or father’s occupation details.
Employer Name/business: Enter the name of the company/employer of the applicant.
Designation: Enter the type of position (such as Manager, Consultant).
Address: Enter the street address for the company/employer.
Phone: Enter the phone number for the company/employer.
Past Occupation: Select a previous occupation if this is relevant to the applicant.
Are/were you in a Military/Semi-Military/Police/Security Organization? If the answer is “Yes” for the applicant, provide the Organization, Designation, Rank, and Post. Otherwise, select “No”.
When all of the required fields on page 2 are complete, select “Save and Continue” or “Save and Exit”. *Be sure that you have written down the Application ID number.
Details of Visa Sought
Type of visa: Select the type of Indian Visa needed.
Important: selecting the correct type of visa is very important. The Indian Embassy or Consulate will review the application very carefully and if the visa application is not for the correct type of visa based on the activities planned in India, this will delay the process or require a new Indian visa application to be submitted
All applicants will need to provide the following information:
Duration of Visa (in Months)
Please note: it is very important that the purpose of visit is appropriate for the type of visa requested. The application will be rejected otherwise.
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 60 months (5 years)
- 120 months (10 years)
No. of Entries: Select single, double, triple, multiple, entries.
• Number of entries granted will be at the discretion of the Indian Consulate.
Purpose of Visit: Select the type of activities that will be conducted while in India.
• Please Note:
Expected Date journey: Provide the planned date of departure from the United States, Canada (or home country) use the DD/MM/YYYY format.
Port of Arrival in India: Enter the city where the applicant will first arrive in India.
Additional information needed, depending on the type of India visa required:
Indian Business Visa: Name, address, phone number and email of the Company in India.
Indian Business Visa Transfer: Details of the visa to be transferred and the passport from which it needs to be transferred.
Indian Conference Visa: Number of days the applicant will stay in India.
Indian Diplomatic Visa: Additional information or documentation may be requested by the Consulate on a case by case basis.
Indian Employment Visa: Professional Qualification of the applicant, Name and address of the company/employer in India, Designation/Post (position) the applicant will take in India and salary to be paid in India.
Indian Employment Visa Transfer: Details of the visa to be transferred and the passport from which it needs to be transferred.
Indian Entry Visa: Additional information or documentation may be requested by the Consulate on a case by case basis.
Indian Entry Visa Transfer: Details of the visa to be transferred and the passport from which it needs to be transferred.
Indian Journalist Visa: Additional information or documentation may be requested by the Consulate on a case by case basis.
Indian Medical Attendant Visa: Name and passport number of the patient.
Indian Transit Visa: What country the applicant will visit before or after transiting India, and if the traveler has a visa or residency status for that country.
Previous Visit Details
Have you ever visited India before? If the answer is “Yes” provide details of the previous visit including the address where the applicant stayed and the cities visited, as well as details of the previous Indian visa including the visa number and type of visa, where and when the previous visa was issued.
Has permission to visit or to extend stay in India previously been refused? If the applicant has applied for a visa or applied to extend their stay in India in the past and has been denied, the Mention Control No. and date this occurred must be provided. Otherwise this space should be left blank.
Countries Visited in Last 10 years: List all countries visited by the applicant in the last 10 years, separated by a comma.
Reference: The name, address and phone number must be provided for a reference in India AND a reference in the United States or Canada.
When all of the required fields on page 3 are complete, select “Save and Continue” or “Save and Exit”. *Be sure that you have written down the Application ID number.
*Important: The next page will allow you to verify the details entered on the visa application form. Please review every question and answer on this page. If any corrections are needed, it will be possible to make changes on this page. However, once you hit continue it will NOT be possible to edit the form in any way. If a correction is needed after this point, it will be necessary to fill out a whole new application form.
If any corrections are needed select “Modify/Edit”.
Only after you are certain that everything on the application form, including the Indian Mission (where the application will be processed) and all of the detailed answers are correct, select “Verified and Continue”.
After the form is completed, verified and submitted, you will see a confirmation that includes the Applicant Name and File Number. The File Number is different from the Temporary Application ID. If you need to print another copy of this application, you must have the file number, not the temporary ID number. Be sure to write down the File Number.
The Indian Embassy or Consulate will not accept any application that has incorrect information. Handwritten corrections are not permitted. If the information on the application form needs to be corrected after the form has been printed, it will be necessary to complete a new online application.
Travisa Passport and Visa Service can process the Indian visa for you, if you are applying in the United States, Canada or in the United Kingdom.